CYP PRESENTS HOW TO START A BUSINESS 101
access_time Wed, Dec. 6, 2023 5:30pm — 7:30pm
location_on TSB Space Level 1, Turanga Library
This is our last event of the year, so we want to inspire you to smash your 2024 goals!
Are you bored of your 9-5 desk job, or need that extra push to go out on your own? Are you an aspiring entrepreneur who wants to turn your passion into a profitable venture? Do you have a great idea for a product or service, but don’t know where to begin?
If so, this event is for you!
Join us on Wednesday 6th December from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm at TSB Space Level 1, Turanga Library, where we will host a panel of experts who will share their insights and tips on how to start a business successfully.
Our speakers will cover a range of topics:
- Kieran Sutherland is the Managing Director and Financial Adviser at CIC Financial, with a background as a Chartered Accountant. He provides high quality financial and business advice covering insurances, KiwiSaver, loans, investments and financial roadmaps.
- Charlie Morrison is a Chartered Accountant and Client Manager at Nexia Christchurch, and is known for his practical approach to solving accounting challenges and navigating the ins and outs of accounting software. Charlie has assisted numerous companies in setting up information systems that provide real-time insights into their financial performance. His expertise extends beyond traditional accounting, encompassing an increasing understanding of technology. Clients value Charlie for his ability to deliver tailored solutions and his commitment to building strong relationships.
- Tom Mohammed is a Senior Solicitor at Anderson Lloyd based and specialises in commercial, finance, property and trust matters. He will discuss business structures in New Zealand and regulatory requirements, company registration, compliance with laws and personal considerations.
- Dean Norrie has over 28 years of business ownership with a passion of working closely with business owners to find a smarter way of doing business. He is a Business Mentor at Business Mentors New Zealand and recently co-authored the book “Succeeding in business in any market”. Dean is an author, speaker, traveller and adventurer visiting over 80 countries. Dean values forming long-lasting mutually beneficial relationships and is happiest when helping others to realize their true potential.
- Brianne West is an environmental entrepreneur and founder of Ethique - A regenerative beauty brand founded in Aotearoa New Zealand and now sold in over 22 counties, in more than 9000 stores. Her new start-up Incrediballs is now taking the plastic-free revolution to the drinks industry! She was named 2019 NZ EY 'Young Entrepreneur of the Year' and the One Young World's Entrepreneur of the Year in 2020 as well as a Blake Leader in 2022 and inducted to the Women Entrepreneurs Hall of Fame in 2023. She also started Business but Better which is a culmination of all the lessons she has learnt in business to provide you with the help you need to grow a business that is not only financially sustainable, but also changes the world and solves problems.
You will also have the opportunity to network with other aspiring and established entrepreneurs, young professionals as well as our panelists.
Drinks and nibbles will be served from 5:30pm onwards, and our speakers will go from 6:00pm until 7:15pm with a break in between.
A few of CYP Committee and Members will stick around afterwards and head towards a nearby bar if you would like to chat further.
This event is free to attend but you will still need to register via our website. Seats are limited, so register now to secure your spot.
**** THE FIRST 50 PEOPLE THROUGH THE DOOR WILL RECEIVE A COPY OF DEAN NORRIE’S NEW BOOK ****
Please note if you are having trouble registering on our website, then simply message us on Instagram, Facebook or email us at email@example.com with your name to let us know you would like to attend.
Don’t miss this chance to learn how to start a business 101 and make your entrepreneurial dreams come true in 2024! We look forward to seeing you there!